Liquitex Gesso is a classic titanium white acrylic ground to prepare your surface and add a high level of tooth.
- Primes surfaces and adds a high level of tooth for maximum color adhesion and stability
- Gives a matte white, opaque finish which provides a professional standard, archival base to help maintain the longevity of your work
- Stiffens your canvases and creates the optimum absorbency for paint application
- Establishes a good surface for preliminary charcoal or pencil drawings
- Always use a quality artist’s gesso if you want a lasting, archival base – a low-cost ground will flake and separate from your support, taking your work with it. With proper application and under the right conditions, a professional gesso will last generations
- Fully intermixable with all Liquitex products
- Use undiluted or thin with up to 25% water – when thinning more than 25%, use an equal mixture of water and Liquitex Matte Medium
- Sand hard or shiny surfaces first, apply a thin coat to support with a wide, flat brush and leave to dry for at least 24 hours before starting to paint
- To create a smoother base, sand the surface and reapply gesso
- If using as a base for oils, apply 2-4 coats and sand between applications
- Add acrylic color for a custom tint – Soft Body Acrylic is the optimum consistency
The Artist Warehouse
We stock quality art supplies and sell them straight to the public at wholesale prices. This also means you can pay what most art retailers pay and save. These are perfect for any artist, from amateur to professional. It is also perfect for any budget size. At these low prices, why not give these a go?
Also, be sure to check out our other products on our website and start saving today.
THIS PRODUCT CAN BE DELIVERED ANYWHERE WITHIN AUSTRALIA.
Check out our other products below:
Make sure you follow us on Facebook and keep up to date with our new products!